Certainly! Here’s a recipe for caramelized onion chicken roast:
- 4-6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs or your preferred chicken pieces
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Caramelize the Onions:
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the thinly sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they become soft and golden brown. This may take about 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare the Chicken:
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, dried thyme, and dried rosemary.
- Sear the Chicken:
- Push the caramelized onions to the sides of the skillet to make space for the chicken. Place the seasoned chicken, skin side down, in the skillet. Sear the chicken on both sides until the skin is browned.
- Make the Sauce:
- In a bowl, mix balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Pour this mixture over the seared chicken.
- Roast in the Oven:
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and roast for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches a safe internal temperature.
- Baste the Chicken:
- Occasionally spoon the juices over the chicken to keep it moist and flavorful.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Once the chicken is done, remove it from the oven. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serve Warm:
- Serve the caramelized onion chicken roast with the caramelized onions and pan juices drizzled over the top. This dish pairs well with mashed potatoes, rice, or a side of steamed vegetables.
Enjoy the rich and savory flavors of this caramelized onion chicken roast. It’s a comforting and impressive dish that’s perfect for a special dinner or a family gathering.