Absolutely, crispy honey chilli potatoes make for a delicious and addictive snack. Here’s a simple recipe for you to make them at home:
For the Potatoes:
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, cut into thin strips (like fries)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup spring onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (adjust according to spice preference)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds and chopped spring onions for garnish
- Prepare Potatoes:
- Wash and pat dry the potato strips.
- In a bowl, coat the potato strips with cornstarch and sprinkle salt.
- Fry Potatoes:
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan for frying. Fry the potato strips in batches until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove and place them on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Make the Sauce:
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Add minced garlic, grated ginger, and chopped green chilies. Sauté for a minute until aromatic.
- Add chopped spring onions and sauté for another minute.
- Prepare the Honey Chilli Sauce:
- Add tomato ketchup, soy sauce, chili sauce, honey, vinegar, salt, and pepper to the pan. Mix well and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Combine Potatoes and Sauce:
- Add the fried potato strips to the sauce. Toss well to coat each strip evenly with the honey chilli sauce.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.
- Serve Hot:
- Serve crispy honey chilli potatoes immediately while they are still hot and enjoy!
These crispy honey chilli potatoes are a delightful combination of sweet, spicy, and tangy flavors. They make for a great appetizer or snack for parties, and they are so easy to make at home. Adjust the spice levels according to your preference, and you’re sure to impress your guests or enjoy a tasty treat yourself!