Certainly! Here’s a recipe for soft and chewy pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies without using cream of tartar:
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Sugar Coating:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream Butter and Sugars:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add Wet Ingredients:
- Add the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Combine Dry Ingredients:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Mix Wet and Dry Ingredients:
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Chill the Dough (Optional):
- For optimal results, you can chill the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Chilled dough helps prevent cookies from spreading too much.
- Sugar Coating:
- In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon for the sugar coating.
- Shape Cookies:
- Scoop out portions of dough and roll them into balls. Roll each ball in the sugar coating mixture until well coated.
- Place the coated dough balls on the prepared baking sheets, leaving space between each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set, and the tops are slightly cracked.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, enjoy your soft and chewy pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies!
These cookies should have a delightful pumpkin flavor with a soft and chewy texture, and the cinnamon sugar coating adds a delicious touch.